Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Google AdWords Excel Worksheet

I noticed some traffic to my site searching for information on using Microsoft's Excel Spreadsheet program to track Google AdWords success. I have an old example of a Google AdWords Campaign that I ran until last year. I was an agent selling toll free number for Telcan.com. I have the results of the AdWords campaign tracked on the spreadsheet below.

I ran the campaign, got some customers, and then stopped the campaign for a few months. Then I started the campaign again. That is why you will see the gap in new customers. Because I also get residual profits on customers who signed up for a toll free number, the campaign is now profitable. But I am not tracking it anymore.

I think the most interesting row on the spreadsheet is the Cost to Convert row. It made from the Clicks per Client (or how many clicks it took to convert a client) times the Cost per Click. In the following example, it took just over 11 clicks to get a client sign-up with a cost of 66 cents per click on average and a cost of $7.47 to get one client to sign-up. Because of the value of the residual income, this campaign would be profitable in the end. Why am I not doing it anymore? Well, I signed up pretty early with TelCan, but now there are too many other affiliate driving up the average cost per click.

http://www.TollFreeForCheap.com

Download AdWords.xls

No comments: