Monday, February 07, 2005

Network Marketing on the Brain

So I guess that I have network marketing on the brain today. It is because I saw a nice new magazine in the bookstore today. It is called Success from Home. It is a magazine exclusively devoted to home direct marketing business. But the nice thing about it is the lack of ads for network marketing businesses.

If you check out the business section of the magazine racks at any bookstore, you will see several magazines targeted at home-based business owners. The thing I most notice about them is the high number of dubious, a.k.a shady, advertisements for businesses. Success from Home is nice because it takes time to profile successful families in their home business oriented lifestyle without directly promoting their network marketing company.

Success from Home is published by Video Plus of Lake Dallas, Texas. I do not see too much information provided about the publishing company. I always like to do a bit of research and find who owns businesses whose products I find interesting.

The magazine has full page ads by Fed-Ex, USPS, CompUSA, Nextel, and Dell. There is a nice story by Robert Kiyosaki titled, Is There a Perfect Business Out There for You? and another long section highlighting David Bach, author of Smart Couples Finish Rich. I recommend the magazine and will give a detailed review in a following post once I have had more time to digest the content.

No comments: